|posted on 2-Aug-2002 3:17:58 PM by wenhaver|
|Ok, I've got this posted elsewhere, but I'm not having a whole lot of luck getting volunteers. I thought I'd go straight to you kids....|
Do you love this site? Do you look at it an say to yourself "Man, I would love to redesign this sucker. It would look so much cooler?"
Well, now's your chance! Part of the software upgrade that caused so much havoc allows us to have multiple designs, or "themes". Now all we need are people to design them.
So, still interested? Good. Here's the deal:
1. You need a graphics program, perferably Photoshop
2. It would be super if you knew HTML and CSS. But if you don't, that's cool. We can work around that.
3. The basic layout needs to stay the same. I mean, there's a limit to what we can do. But what CAN change are the colors, the header graphic, and all the buttons. If it's a graphic, we can change it out, pretty much. The basic layout of the forums and such needs to stay the same, however.
What you need to do:
1. If you want the Photoshop documents with all the buttons and stuff already done, so you can change the colors and whatnot, download them here.
2. If you're handy with html and CSS, I can send you the basic style sheet so you can modify it, and you can lay out the header or whatever in HTML. (actually, it's in the .zip file, above).
3. If you're not the coding-handy type, send me the LAYERED PHOTOSHOP file, and I'll hook it up for you. This will take a lot longer for the theme to go up, however.
4. Zip everything you have up, and email it to me at wenhaver⊕yahoo.com. You might want to bMail me to let me know you sent it too.